Here are the top eight (8) reasons that you know it’s too late* to be out riding your bike. You know it’s too late when…
8. You pack your sunglasses away.
7. You can’t read your wristwatch anymore.
6. The streetlamps start to come on.
5. Instead of being focused on the street, you find yourself admiring the sky.
4. You start breathing through your nose so you can stop swallowing bugs!
3. You’re grateful for the cars that come up behind you because they illuminate the road!
2. You see stars…
And the number one (1) reason why you know it’s too late to be out riding your bike:
1. You come up with this great list during the last mile and you’re afraid to post it because you know you’ll hear it from your mother!
* For the record, I was intending to be home by 7 PM but did not anticipate the huge hill in the middle so I got home 15 minutes later than I thought I would and it got darker 15 minutes earlier than I thought it would.